So I have been harping for the last 2 months in my net worth updates that I want to put some money in my ROTH IRA over at Vanguard. Well, I haven’t made it happen. I keep wanting to put a large sum in ($500, $1000) for some reason and expenses keep coming up that make me hold back.
It just seems to be a mental thing for me that I don’t want to manually move over $100 or something small. So I decided I would make it easier on myself and start direct depositing the money directly from my paycheck to my Vanguard account. Luckily I work at a company whose payroll services outsourcer makes it very easy to do this online (I can direct deposit to up to 9 different places, specifying amounts to each). So I went through the fairly simple process over at the Vanguard site and set it up.
I like direct depositing because then I never see the money in my bank account and try to justify doing something else with it. Also it keeps me on pace for maxing out my contributions each year instead of having to deposit a large sum. So if you are like me and have a psychological aversion to manually putting small amounts in your accounts that may be a solution.
|Recent Posts||Recent Comments||Popular Posts|
- joanie bolden: should i hve already gotten my taxes...
- Overrun: hey that's really a great post and i like this and thanks f...
- female hormones: Hey man, was just browsing through the internet looking for ...
- hormone therapy doctors: I enjoy what you've got right here, adore what you're statin...
- chic furniture: I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you ...
- Budget (1)
- Deals and Steals (42)
- Net Worth (65)
- Personal Finance (191)
- Posts of the Week (6)
- Real Estate (6)
- Site News (7)
- best credit card - best credit card deals and reward schemes with mbna uk Chip Flowers - www.chipflowers.info/ -
- buyer of structured settlement
Chip Flowers - www.onlineprnews.com/news/
Chip Flowers - www.24-7pressrelease.com/
Chip Flowers - delawareway.blogspot.com/2010/
Chip Flowers - www.delawarefirst.org/